http://www.mhmc.org.uk is provided by Muswell Hill Methodist Church.
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Muswell Hill Methodist Church
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
- The legal basis for processing this data is consent. We will only collect your email address if you sign up to one of our email
Why we need it
We use Google.com to collect information about how you use www.mhmc.org.uk. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google.com stores information about:
- the pages you visit on mhmc.org.uk
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We use the Mailchimp software to store subscriptions to our email database. Mailchimp allows us to send emails to people who have subscribed to our email list, and collects data about whether our emails are being opened.
What we do with your data
The data we collect is held by Muswell Hill Methodist Church and by the services we use to store our data (wordpress.com and Mailchimp).
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with any third parties
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13. Please read our Safeguarding Policy for more information.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, will take reasonable steps to let you know.