The nine churches in the New River Circuit are served by several ministers, with Revd Stephen Poxon and Sister Myrtle Poxon currently sharing pastoral charge of Muswell Hill along with St Mark’s Methodist Church in Tottenham. Rev Matt Lunn, a probationer minister, is also part of the team at Muswell Hill, as well as having pastoral charge of Middle Lane and Holly Park Methodist Churches. The New River Circuit is part of the London District of the Methodist Church.
Our mission as a church is to:
share our faith sensitively with those who are searching for God
grow in faith and develop our spiritual life, love of God and life of prayer
live our faith in daily life through service to others
celebrate our faith in worship that is relevant, lively and participative
The church is located on the North Bank Estate, which was originally purchased in the 1920s for the use of the Methodist Church by a very active member of the church, Guy Chester, who lived nearby in Hazelhyrst, a Victorian villa on Colney Hatch Lane.
Alongside the church, the Estate now also includes:
Two Methodist Homes – The Meadow (residential and dementia care) and The Paddock (housing with care scheme)
The Guy Chester Centre that manages the Estate and also offers accommodation for young people in the Chester House Halls of Residence
The Muswell Hill Methodist Church Tennis Club, with its all weather courts.
The Church adjoins North Bank, a large 1860’s house in Pages Lane that serves as the centre of our community projects. The house underwent an extensive programme of refurbishment in 2007 to make it suitable for a wide range of activities.
To receive our monthly email newsletter containing details of forthcoming services, events and an electronic version of our church magazine ‘Wellspring’, please complete the sign-up form on the right. To see some of our recent newsletters click here.